Custom or Modular Sheds & Garages on the East-End of Long Island in the Hamptons
Sheds and Garages Designed to Fit Your Taste and Style
At FD Building Co., our custom outdoor buildings are more than just sheds and garages – they’re an extension of the way you live your life.
Are you looking for a home for your vehicles, a garden shed, an artist’s studio, a playroom for the kids, or a private sanctuary from the outside world? We can design and build a custom shed or garage that fits all your specifications, at a budget you love. Whether you already have your design in mind, or you’re just beginning to imagine it, we’ll help you build an outdoor structure that complements and brings value to your existing Long Island home.
Envision Your New Custom Shed or Garage
Every construction project starts with a plan, so it’s time to get your dream on the page! If you haven’t already, start an online and/or physical file that contains:
- Pictures of interiors and exteriors of sheds and garages you like
- A list of ideas for the structure’s purpose
- A “must have” and “nice to have” list
- A proposed budget
You’ll soon see an image emerge that reflects the type of building that will satisfy your needs. At our initial consultation, we’ll take a look at what you’ve gathered and give you an idea of whether your planned budget is feasible.
Designing a Custom Shed or Garage
Styles of sheds and garages vary from utilitarian to custom designs that match your home. When you choose FD Building to design and build your garage or shed, you’ll know what to expect from start to finish:
- A knowledgeable partner who knows how to navigate the design build process
- Responsive customer service throughout the life of the project
- A completed structure that meets or exceeds your expectations
How do we do it? By using modern production technologies and old-fashioned quality service to deliver beautiful custom sheds and garages on time and on budget, ever single time. Here’s just some of what’s involved.
- Permits. In some Long Island communities, permits can take a day or two to pull. In others, it can take a couple weeks. No matter how long it takes, we’ll handle the permit process for you.
- Financing. Do you already have financing in place? If so, great – let’s get started! If you’ll be financing the cost of your new shed or garage, factor in the time your lender says it will take to obtain your funds.
- Location. Each township is different concerning rules, regulations, and covenants for detached residential structures. Selecting the optimal location for your shed or garage that’s within your property’s setback is a critical component of the project and it may take some time to work out the appropriate logistics.
- Design. Decisions must be made on a range of design elements including windows and door placement, siding color and roofing materials as well as any electrical, plumbing, or HVAC requirements.
- Concrete. A concrete contractor must be booked for the foundation and their availability will affect the project’s production schedule.
- Weather. It’s something no one can control. Keep in mind that the time of year you decide to build can have an impact on a project’s schedule. Rainy seasons may delay the project, especially during the early days of pouring the foundation and framing the structure.
- Building schedule. Once the permits are obtained and the foundation is in place, we can then get to work building your custom shed or garage. We follow the same construction phase process for outdoor structures as we do for all our home building and remodeling jobs. Barring unforeseen circumstances, and thanks to our quality production technologies and skilled craftspeople, we promise to complete your shed or garage on time and on budget.
Deciding on the Details
If you want a distinctive custom shed or garage that perfectly reflects your taste and style, it’s the little details that will set it apart. Here are some things to think about.
- Windows. Whether it’s a rustic backyard potting shed or an artist’s studio, proper lighting and ventilation is a must. Some people love the idea of enclosing a large portion of a shed in glass. This is an ideal solution for greenhouses and fine artists. Double or single hung windows provide adequate ventilation for playrooms or home office.
- Doors. If you’re building a shed that will house your riding lawn mower, you obviously want easy access to the structure. For this scenario you’ll need a door with extra width and clearance. Double doors are another attractive option.
- Climate control. If you’ll be using the structure year-round, you’ll want to insulate the shed and add a heat source.
- Beauty. Love the look of a backyard English cottage? Add window boxes for flowers and/or herbs. Or place a trellis on one side for a flowering vine.
- Path and breezeways. Landscaping for your new shed or garage really ups the wow factor. From a simple layer of mulch with stepping stones to an intricately laid stone pathway, the path to your new shed can be the perfect finishing touch. Want to add a pop of color? Plant annuals or other native plants along the path and around the building.
How We Work
Every team member at FD Building Co. is a true professional. Their knowledge, expertise, and overall commitment to craftsmanship is reflected in the careful attention they give your project no matter what size it is. Every person involved in building your new shed or garage is highly-trained, trustworthy, and reliable.
We’re dedicated to the of completing your custom shed or garage to your specifications, on time and on budget. From vision to final walkthrough, we want you to know how much we value the trust you place in us.
Our design build process guarantees:
- Complete and undivided attention to detail
- Decades of design and construction experience
- Quality product lines
- Superior installation services
- Dealer direct pricing options on decorative fixtures
- Dealer direct pricing on select window options
- A comprehensive options package from flooring to window treatments
A custom storage shed or garage can free up your space, give you additional living space, and make your life more enjoyable and a bit easier, too. A new outdoor structure for your Long Island home is sure to add lasting value while enhancing your family’s life. Let us show you how easy it is to get started.
Why not start by exploring our custom shed and garage project gallery. Then read on to learn about who we are. You’ll be one step closer to our design team getting to work creating a new custom shed or garage your family will enjoy for years to come.
To schedule a free in-home consultation, contact us online today, or call us at 631-779-2859. We look forward to meeting with you.